All Around Advancement
If you had to choose just one wheel, the 404 Firecrest should be your choice. With the depth and shape proven in all conditions, it’s the all-around performer and the standard by which all other wheels are measured. Its 58mm rim depth is a classic all-around performer that has carried athletes to victory in every kind of event and situation – every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints and hilly finishes.
The 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is where the Firecrest® Revolution began as the first deep-profile carbon clincher design to offer the superior aerodynamics, ride quality, strength and handling of a wider rim body. Yet the 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher weighs 1,690 grams per set, providing best-in-class performance at a light weight.
At the center of the 404 Firecrest is Zipp’s 77/177 hubset with best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection with no pre-load adjustment needed. The result is improved stiffness, durability, simplicity and versatility.
404 Carbon Clincher Features:
- Distinctive hub graphics compliments any bike or color scheme
- All-new 77/177 hub is engineered for best-in-class versatility, durability and simplicity
- Bearing pre-load precision set - that means no pre-load adjustment is needed
- Improved bearing protection and sealant is virtually maintenance-free
- Includes newly designed quick-release skewer with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing
- When skewer is closed, lever contours neatly with the frame
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim CX Sprint spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness without sacrificing weight or robustness
- Highly reliable 17mm axle is strong, sturdy, stiff, durable, and lightweight
- SRAM XD driver body compatible
- Max recommended rider weight 250 lbs.
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count: 18 front, 24 rear
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Max Width: 26.53mm
- Weight: 755g front, 935g rear, 1690g pair
- Carbon clincher rear wheel comes with a standard 10/11-speed driver body for SRAM/Shimano
- Includes: Zipp Tangente Pro Evo brake pads (4), quick-release skewer (2), rim tape (2), Integrated Valve Extender with valve-core wrench (2), and 1.85mm spacer (1) for use with 10-speed cassettes
- Wheel-Decal: White (WHT) or Black (BLK)