Runners - I will not be available to lead a track workout tomorrow. Its race week for me - any several others I believe (Buffalo Run, Kiawah Half Marathon, Daytona Challenge 70.3) - so its not the time to put the body through high stress. If you feel the need for speed, go out tomorrow for an easy run of 3-5 miles and throw in 10 x 1min efforts at faster than race pace.
Also, spend this week attending to the small details:
- get your gear in order
- review your race-day nutrition strategy
- review the race course
- review your race-day strategy / tactics
- visualize your perfect race
- consider the unknown and have a plan for what to do if the un-predictable happens
- stretch and attend to any aches
- sleep a lot
- hydrate well and feed your body clean fuel
- smile a lot
Finally, I have been using my race as a fundraiser for the teachers at HH Elementary IB school (specifically, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs, Diaz, Mrs. Seelbach, and Mrs. Lugo) - please consider making a donation to my charity Go Tri Gives and 100% of the money will go to these teachers so they can purchase resources to teach our children. I have been making video blogs for the students during my training up for the race - hopefully demonstrating to them that all goals should have a purpose and that purpose can be something greater than themselves.
- Please drop your donation at Go Tri Sports or anywhere you catch me - or, mail to Go Tri Gives, 2 Port au Prince, Hilton Head, SC 29928
- BUT - please hurry - I need final tally by Sunday December 9.
- I am only taking cash / check so as to cut the middle man out
- Donations are 100% tax deductible
Thanks everyone - see you next week at the track. ao